What’s included on this page?
- An introduction to our fantastic SEN team.
- An example of a timetable and the academy day.
- Answers to questions you might have
- The map of the academy.
Who is the SEN Team?
The SEN Team is led by our SENCo – Mrs Prouse. She also teaches English.
Watch Mrs Prouse’s introduction video below:
Our SEN Team is full of fantastic Teaching Assistants who will help you in lessons and be someone you can talk to for help.
Watch the video from some of our Teaching Assistants.
We have a specialist Maths TA and English TA. For other lessons you will normally have the same TA.
How will you get to school?
If you walk, you need to walk up the academy drive on Bromyard Road. This is the drive next to the co-op shop.
If you will get a bus, you will be dropped off in the bus bay.
If you will be driven in, you need to be dropped off on Redgate Avenue and use the gate into the academy.
The school day
You will be given a timetable that you will follow each day.
You and your class will move around the academy to go to different lessons.
You might be with different people for some lessons.
Each lesson will last about 50 minutes and a bell will ring at the end of each lesson.
It is different from primary school as you won’t always have English and Maths in the morning.
Take a look at the example of a timetable:
The timetable will have the teachers initials on each subject so you will know which teacher is going to teach you for that lesson. You will have to get used to different people being in charge of each class.
If you would like a picture version of your timetable, we will give you one in September – just ask Mrs Prouse or Mr Watts for one when you start.
A normal day at Tenbury High.
9am – 9:15am Guidance Time with your form group. This is where you do the register and have an assembly. If you bring a phone into school, you need to hand your mobile phone in at this time.
9:15am – 10:10am Lesson 1. You will go to a different classroom for each lesson.
10:10am – 11:05am Lesson 2.
11:05am – 11:25am Break time. This is a time when you can buy food from our canteen and talk to your friends.
11:25am – 12:15pm Lesson 3.
12:15pm – 1:05pm Lesson 4.
1:05pm – 1:45pm Lunch time.
- You can buy a lunch from our canteen or bring your own in.
- You will eat your lunch with all of Year 7 in the hall or canteen.
- The SEN Team do a lunch club with some games and offer a quiet place to go. This is in Mr Watts’s Maths room (Room 29).
- In September, Year 7 will go to lunch earlier than the rest of the school.
1:45pm – 2:35pm Lesson 5.
2:35pm – 3:25pm Lesson 6.
3:25pm – 3:30pm Registration in your form group. You will be able to collect your phone before you go home.
You will be responsible for bringing in your own supplies!
You need to make sure you remember your PE kit when you have PE and your ingredients when you have Catering.
You will also keep your books, so will need to make sure you bring in all of your books for each lesson you have that day.
Every day you will need to bring in:
Important People at THOA
Please take a look at this leaflet that shows you some key people at Tenbury High. You can print this and fold it to make your leaflet.
Bullying is very rare at Tenbury High. We know some of you will be worried about bullying happening at high school.
How we prevent bullying happening:
- If an adult sees anything that looks like bullying, they will stop it
- We learn about the effects of bullying in lessons, so people know it’s not okay to bully anyone
- All adults know the signs of bullying
- Teachers and Teaching Assistants are always on the lookout for bullying
- Adults work hard to stop bullying if it happens
- We keep talking to pupils to make sure bullying has not started again
Who can you talk to if you are being bullied?
Any member of staff will help you if you are being bullied.
Every adult will do everything they can to stop it.
How well did you do?
Take this fun quiz to test your knowledge!
You can download a Welcome Workbook with some information and some activities ready for when you start in September! Click the link below: